The Senior Vice President, Development, working with top leadership within the company, will be tasked with the continued building of the Dreamworks Animation slate of animated feature films. The SVP will oversee the structured process of script/film development from initial idea generation to script completion, working with the company’s storyboarding and animation teams as the project moves through the development process. The SVP will need to show a high level of creative taste, have great interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic, and possess a deep roster of contacts across the creative landscape.
At DreamWorks Animation we believe that the animation we put out into the marketplace is only as good as the talent within the company that creates it. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces innovation, creativity, collaboration, and a solid dose of fun.
• Build and maintain the Dreamworks Animation film slate.
• Support the goals of the Development Department as a contributing member of the team.
• Collaborate with key creatives (Producers, Directors, Writers) on development projects, taking initiative to move projects forward.
• Provide clear and supportive feedback to creative teams at all stages of development and production, including but not limited to notes documents.
• Develop and grow relationships with management companies and talent agencies in order to find new writers, artists, directors, producers; and to source new projects.
• Be able to present ideas to executive leadership in a clear, articulate and engaging manner.
• Work closely with the Director and Producing team in a sometimes day-to-day capacity on films, dependent on need.
• Develop processes and workflows to maximize internal resources.
• Be a creative ambassador and build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams.
• 12+ years of experience in Film Development.
• Deep relationships in the film development and production space, including, but not limited to, agents, managers and producers.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Excellent people management skills, including the ability to correctly read people and their needs.
• Strong communication and leadership ability.
• An artist friendly personality, someone who deeply values the creative process.
• A proven track record of developing extraordinary content.
• Experience at a feature studio and/or production company.
• Familiarity with the process of animation production and knowledge of the animation production community.
• A strong desire to innovate, learn and grow.
• Significant experience leading development teams and delivering smart, relevant creative ideation.
• Strong interpersonal skills capable of building positive relationships both inside and outside the company.
• Proven ability to lead, manage, train and motivate a multi-person creative team.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education.
Film Features Animation Support
DreamWorks Animation is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Over the past 20 years, DreamWorks Animation has introduced the world to a lovable curmudgeonly ogre, a noodle-slurping martial arts obsessed panda, and a bashful yet charismatic Viking hero and his pet dragon. Thanks to movies like Trolls, Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, Boss Baby, and How To Train Your Dragon to name a few, DreamWorks Animation is recognized as one of the most admired family entertainment brands in the world. Dedicated to helping families dream and laugh together, DreamWorks creates and innovates 3D animated feature films, original TV series, and shorts, interactive media, live entertainment, themed experiences, consumer products, publishing, and trailblazing technology.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.