THE ALTERNATIVE DIRECTORS PROGRAM is NBC’s new annual directors’ initiative that addresses the need for more representation behind the camera in unscripted programming.
Intended for female and ethnically diverse talent with at least one directing credit, the program will give five directors the opportunity to shadow over several weeks on NBC and Universal Television Alternative Studios unscripted series including prep, production and post.
NBC’s participating shows for the program’s inaugural year are “America’s Got Talent,” “Hollywood Game Night,” “The Voice,” “The Wall” and “World of Dance.”
The Alternative Directors Program is one of the tentpole initiatives within the NBC Talent Infusion Programs (NBC TIPS) that promotes and encourages people of diverse backgrounds.
For more information, go to: nbcunitips.com
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be able to legally work in the United States.
- Have at least one unscripted or scripted television directing credit. Unscripted programming can include, but is not limited to, live sports, award shows, game shows and variety shows.
- One letter of recommendation from an advocate of the director, who is not a talent representative. No letters will be accepted from managers, agents, publicists and lawyers.
- Resume detailing directing experience
- Two short essay questions
- Reel summarizing the director’s work
- Up to three completed samples of work
- One additional letter of recommendation (optional)
The submission form will open Tuesday May 29, 2018, and will CLOSE Friday June 29, 2018 at 11:59pm PT.