The Project Manager is a strong leader who is skilled in the production of marketing content across all platforms and can manage workflows to achieve outstanding results, while ensuring that high quality work is delivered on-time, on-budget and on-brand. The project manager should have the passion for content tailored to African American and Urban Culture audiences to support initiatives for what’s hot, what’s next and what matters at BET Networks.
- Manage production of Brand Creative projects to ensure completion on time and on budget.
- Use department application (SHOW MANAGER) to manage project timelines, deliverables, assignments, and budgets.
- Review job initiation forms for timing and feasibility. Communicate with internal clients on project status and ensure needs are being fulfilled. Prepare regular cost reports for clients and upper management.
- Confirm integrated deliverables and rollout schedule with Consumer Media, On-air promo planning, and Creative.
- Hire vendors, negotiate rates, initiate contracts, and secure resources.
- Process all invoices, expense reports, cash advances, wire transfers, direct deposits and other production related payments.
- Support graphic needs by managing design deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Manage legal aspects of projects, including footage restrictions, title clearances, music usage, talent & location releases, standards and practices, etc. Track legal restrictions in SHOW MANAGER.
- Coordinate video and film shoots. Work with production companies to execute large scale shoots. Coordinate production on small scale shoots by hiring crews, overseeing locations, scheduling details, and managing any necessary permissions and risk assessments.
- Work with print team to coordinate any necessary still shoots.
- Secure photographers, negotiate budgets, initiate contracts, coordinate talent, and coordinate other shoot details.
- Coordinate tagging information with inventory team, communicate tags to editors, and review spots to ensure proper tune-in information.
- Monitor programming calendar to ensure that any scheduling changes are reflected in spots that are currently in-flight.
- Assist Project Management team head in all areas as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production, Brand Creative or Creative Services experience is preferred.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within BET and with BET’s partners.
- Establish and maintain strong understanding of the African American consumer & BET viewer.
- Work closely with other BET departments to ensure inclusion of all key messages.
- Understand promo development and use of software systems and department applications.
- Strong knowledge of production budgeting.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are needed
- Ability to interface with various departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to solve problems, make quick decisions, and work independently.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented, with great time management skills
- Flexible, self-starter, able to work well under pressure
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page