The social media and public relations manager is a client-facing skilled tactician with experience managing public relations and social media communications that grow, promote and elevate brand visibility. This position develops, manages and executes PR and social media plans, continually monitoring results and adjusting strategy as needed to optimize ROI. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative and possesses strong writing and analytical skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic public relations and social media plans
- Craft compelling content including press releases, pitches, blog posts, social media posts, polls, quizzes and more
- Influencer identification (Traditional media, bloggers, social influencers, etc.) and outreach
- Manage media requests and facilitate interviews
- Social media management and monitoring
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reports for both PR and social media clients, leveraging monitoring and management tools
- Analyze report data, providing insights with recommendations to optimize ROI
- Make strategic social media advertising recommendations, collaborating with paid media team
- Collaborate with creative services team to develop engaging content including video, text, still imagery, animation and more
- Demonstrate knowledge of current news and social landscape and on an ongoing basis, closely watch and evaluate trends to drive our clients’ business forward
- Client communication and presentations
- Monitor client budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility
- 3-4 years’ experience minimum managing public relations and social media accounts/campaigns; 5 years preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, business, marketing, advertising, English, or other related field of study preferred
- Exceptional writing skills*
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must thrive working within fast-paced, innovative environment with a strong ability to manage multiple deadlines and multi-task across campaigns & projects.
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience with Sysomos, Cision, and Google Analytics a plus
- Weekend and after-hours work should be expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news cycle; travel may be included
*Applicants must include a writing sample in the same attachment with resume.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, ORCONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIEDETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAWIS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Click here to apply.