Calling all Junior Writers-
MTV JUNIOR WRITER POSITION
Ever heard of a little place called MTV?
We are the biggest and boldest youth entertainment brand on the planet. A global network that reaches more than half a billion households across TV, mobile or online with fun and innovative content and experiences. We fuel the pop culture conversation. We champion youth, nurture their creativity and stand up for the issues they believe in. More than anything, we entertain wherever and whenever.
Say hello to MTV Brand Creative – the kick-ass team that makes all of the network’s promotional content – because we’re looking for content makers who want to get paid for what they do best.
Are your friends always calling you out for thinking creatively? Are you tired of sitting silently while someone else throws out the cool ideas? Are you finally ready to have a job that’s as imaginative as you are?
If you answered yes, chances are, we’re looking for you to join us as our team’s new Junior Writer!
- Recent graduate or entertainment newbie ready to jumpstart their career
- Strong interest in MTV’s programming and an interest in reality tv
- Strong writing skills and skilled in creative, clear and concise storytelling
- Adept at executing a vision, including addressing notes in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Ability to conceive, communicate, script and implement an idea
- Ability to manage multiple concepts and projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pitch ideas and persuade
Some of our top creatives started in these entry level positions, and we’re looking for the next batch of talent to walk through our doors. If you’ve just graduated and want to get paid to write and make content in New York City, this is the place you want to be.
YOU + US
As our Junior Writer at MTV, you’ll learn the ropes of what goes into creating promos and immediately start participating in big idea brainstorms and building a professional reel of work that actually makes it on TV.
- Pitching ideas or campaigns and participating in brainstorming meetings
- Conceptualizing, writing and producing on-air promotions, including shoot spots, clip-based spots, episodics, generics, etc.
- Running audio and video editing sessions
- Directing and oversee voice over talent
- Screening and logging episodes to source clips for spots
- Ensuring projects are delivered to air and meet the needs of our off-channel partners
- Attending shoots when necessary and ensuring concepts are executed perfectly
- Executing any necessary tasks that may come up as directed by team leads
So… what do you say? Are you ready to make it official? Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com by September 25Th for your chance to shake things up!