SENIOR PRODUCER NEEDED
Creates and promotes original editorial content for National Geographic’s digital experiences on weekends, programming the web experience and taking the lead role in the presentation, distribution, and optimization of weekend content across National Geographic’s O&O, distribution partners and social channels.
- Implements story ideas and coverage strategies. Writes, packages, and promotes content for maximum consumer impact. Communicates programming objectives and collaborates with content editors, including National Geographic Channel, to organize, request and plan content for the weekend.
- Manages homepage and promotes content across relevant National Geographic social pages to more proactively engage on and off-platform audiences during the weekends. In coordination with Social and Audience Development team, delivers on an overarching social publishing and community engagement strategy. Prepares and pitches stories to Apple News and other distribution partners.
- Interprets and reports on category performance through analysis of metrics to optimize site performance. Understands our weekend audience and what it takes to engage them to inform weekend content creation and publishing strategies.
- Sounds the alarm for technical issues that may arise. Establishes and maintains content development standards and practices.
- Monitors industry and competitive landscape, and performs other duties as assigned.