Overview and Responsibilities
The Brand Social Animator is responsible for social platform-native content design and production, executing both project-specific and ongoing fan engagement campaigns across MTV brand social platforms. This role reports to the Director of Social Media and Fan Engagement, and will collaborate closely with a team of community managers to create content for some of the largest and most active brand social channels in the world. This is a role for someone who is obsessed with the internet and its intersection with pop culture, and has the boundless creativity and energy to channel that obsession into short form videos, GIFs, Snaps, Instagrams and whatever’s next for tens of millions of MTV fans on a daily basis.
The Brand Social Animator will also work closely with the On/Off Air Design and Promos teams, Digital Design, MTV News, Research and Branded Content teams in support of MTV brand priorities.
- Design and capture both topical and evergreen visual content daily to engage fans and build the MTV brand footprint across all social media platforms
- Manage and deliver on motion graphics projects for short form editorial, sponsored, and branded video
- Collaborate with outside across departments (Music Programming, On-air producers, Consumer Marketing, Press, Integrated Marketing, talent liaisons, and other business units) to ensure MTV is consistently meeting social content output and quality goals
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that process and workflow are upheld and evolved according to project needs
- Contribute to development and execution of integrated sponsorship opportunities across social platforms
- Support MTV during tent pole events and brand initiatives, including The MTV Movie Awards, The VMAs, the mtvU Woodies, and coverage of third party events, both televised and on the ground
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of digital and social industry trends
- Cultivating MTV’s relationships with visual and emerging social artists and contributing to collaborations
- 3+ years of motion graphics, typography, design, and animation at a major commercial media, entertainment or creative brand or interactive agency, particularly in the pop culture space
- A strong demo reel or portfolio
- Obsession with the internet and internet culture, and its intersection with pop culture
- Intimate familiarity with the visual and textual languages and trends on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Familiarity with MTV brand and franchise tent poles (VMAs, Movie Awards, Fandom Awards, Woodies)
- Expert in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
Share on your newsfeed
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Viacom provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.