Vanity Fair seeks a senior reporter to join Hive, its fast-growing business news vertical, devoted to authoritative, real-time coverage of Silicon Valley, Wall Street, Washington, and the media. This position reports to VF.com’s news editor.
● Source and write 4–5 weekly posts, mixing breaking news and social aggregation with original investigative reporting on business, the media, and politics.
● Pitch stories and features that go beyond the news of the day, highlighting new trends, articulating new narratives in the news ether, and discovering irresistible nuggets in unexpected places.
● Participate in live coverage breaking news events, and other relevant live moments
● Be a one-person publishing outfit, sourcing photos and videos and posting directly to the site using our content management system
● Use traffic data and social-media feedback to find new coverage areas, optimize performance, and maintain consistent growth
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
● College degree and at least 3-5 years writing experience
● Well-sourced reporter with deep sourcing thresholds
● Sophisticated business aptitude and enthusiasm about the Vanity Fair brand
● Experience using content management systems and major social media platforms
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Confidence and the ability to work in a fast paced/deadline oriented environment
● Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
● Ability to anticipate needs and execute quickly