Netflix- Associate Marketing Planning
As Netflix continues to push its global growth, the Marketing Planning and Analysis (MP and A) team is looking for a talented Associate to drive marketing, planning and analysis for our US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand marketing efforts. Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Marketing Strategy. This position will partner closely with regional Marketing leadership to inform and prioritize strategic business decisions with data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be a big picture thinker, self-starter, and analytical thought partner with a killer eye for detail, and tremendous skills and experiences as a cross-functional partner and communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and embrace ambiguity and change. You must be a solutions oriented problem solver with a focus on generating impact and results, and be able to communicate complex ideas using both qualitative and quantitative means to communicate to a broad spectrum of stakeholders. The position is based in our Los Angeles office and reports to the California-based Marketing Planning and Analysis lead for UCAN (United States, Canada, Australia & New Zealand).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor subscriber behavior - acquisition, engagement, viewing and retention - to identify trends and uncover insights that help drive subscriber growth, shape market strategy and tactics within the region
• Perform value-added analyses to inform strategic prioritization, optimization and learnings for earned and paid marketing campaigns, media optimization, and resourcing priorities
• Support the setup of marketing experimentation and automation initiatives within specific markets in collaboration with stakeholders and cross-functional teams (MP&A, Data Science & Algorithms, etc.)
• Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
• Develop insights related to our Original Series and Features, and regional markets, to facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of the marketing budget
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to manage in-quarter budget adjustments
• Create deliverables and present findings to a broad range of creative to technical business partners
• Develop trusted relationships with Marketing stakeholders
A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way. He/she must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of business managers.
• 2-5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment, e.g. corporate strategy, planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media/consumer products or services company, top management consulting firm, investment bank or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic analysis are regularly performed and managed with senior stakeholders
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for problem solving, research, and financial modeling and analysis used in support of analysis and prescribed recommendations
• Excellent in crafting, presenting and socializing complex ideas, recommendations and insights with an adaptable communication approach necessary to partner with broad stakeholder groups
• Detail oriented with a keen eye for process and business improvement opportunitiesDemonstrated cross-cultural understanding and intelligence
• Demonstrated leadership and experience working in cross-functional teams
• Prior experience in digital, media/entertainment (TV, film), and/or consumer products and services marketing a plus
• Territory cultural expertise or prior marketing experience in AUS/NZ or Canada a plus
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.