Boston is seeking a Senior Editor to join an experienced team of award-winning magazine makers at New England’s premier monthly.
Want to join?
For magazine editors who also love to write and have at least four years of longform and feature experience, this is a dream job. You’ll have the time and resources to develop 4,000-word-and-up stories from across the region, focusing on a city that’s at the center of national discussions on politics, policy, education, finance, tech, media, innovation, sports, culture, and crime—with inside access to many of the nation’s biggest personalities. And you’ll work in a fast-paced, digital-friendly newsroom that’s reaching a growing audience in print, online, and at our signature events. We are looking for someone who’s excited to generate feature ideas, contribute monthly to the front-of-book, and write and edit provocative features throughout the year.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and five clips that demonstrate longform writing and editing excellence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity. Phones calls, or walk-ins will NOT be accepted.
Audience Development Manager
Metro Corp, the parent company of Philadelphia and Boston magazines, seeks an experienced individual to help manage, develop and execute audience programs for its Audience department. The primary duties of this role include management of Metro Corp’s audience database, execution of marketing plans and program enhancements to drive engagement and development of membership program.
Ideally, the candidate should be a problem-solver with a keen eye for detail and accuracy, a willingness to learn and contribute, ability to meet deadlines, and a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams. Skillful communication, organization, and project management experience required.
- Assist Audience Development Director in development and management of communications and promotion strategy to reach and retain and grow target audience
- Conceptualize, implement and manage membership program
- Own and manage Hubspot database, testing, optimizing and implementing retargeting strategies
- Plan and execute paid social media campaigns
- Write promotional audience marketing content and review consumer marketing content, including e-blasts, letters, landing page copy, brand campaigns, social content and advertising
- Organize and manage companywide e-blast calendars and e-lists for all audience facing e-blasts
- Monitor SEO and perform ongoing keyword research, optimize copy and landing pages
- Execute on ticket sales strategy for events and select tasks related to event promotion
- Manage campaign expenses to ensure programs meet revenue expectations
- Collect audience data for our channels and our prospective clients, complete data analysis and develop audience insights
- Monitor website traffic and identify trends
- Support sales team with audience data on request
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion and online customer acquisition
- Expertise in email database management, marketing automation and growth hacking
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Project management and organizational skills, flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems including Hubspot and Survey Monkey
- Experience with paid social media campaigns
- Working knowledge of SEO, keyword research
- Experience with website analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, intermediate excel skills
- A love of data, creativity, and curiosity
Qualifications and Required Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years working in publishing, marketing or data analytics
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions
- Hubspot knowledge a huge plus