Social Editor, Munchies | New York, New York
Social Editor, Munchies
The Social Editor will be the voice of MUNCHIES on all social platforms and the primary developer of audiences across social media. They will work closely with the editorial, video, and branding teams to create and distribute content to the MUNCHIES audience. They must be have excellent time management, the ability to multitask, and solid teamwork skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all social media platforms and community engagement for MUNCHIES
- Watch down and provide feedback on all social videos
- Edit and A/B test headlines to maximize click through and engagement on all stories and provide feedback to editorial team
- Pitch stories to editorial staff based on social performance
- Create platform-specific visual content with our production team and kitchen team, including multiple Instagram Story series
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience or strong interest in food media or the restaurant industry is preferred
- 1-2 years experience in journalism or social media
- Familiarity with Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and reporting data from these platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with the VICE Network and brand voice
- Innovative background, especially in regards to video, multimedia, visual and interactive media, and how these translate to engagement
- Basic understanding of Photoshop is a plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.