Marketing Manager at McCormick & Company | Baltimore, MD
Under the general supervision of the Marketing Director, the eCommerce & Customer Marketing Manager will plan, direct, execute and analyze our eCommerce and customer specific marketing programs for assigned brands and portfolios in US Foodservice. As such the Marketing Manager will responsible for the development and execution of strategic eCommerce plan and for translating strategy into customer specific eCommerce and Digital Path to Purchase strategies for 3-year planning periods. The position will participate and manage strategic and annual planning as well as day-to-day execution of customer marketing plans for all existing and new Foodservice channels. Leads US cross-functional project team related to customer specific initiatives, and is accountable and responsible for our customer marketing annual plan and implementation across Pure Play, omni-channel (strategic account focus) and new emerging formats. Responsible for providing direction and managing teams across marketing, sales and analytics. Accountable for Foodservice sales growth in US. Reports to eCommerce and Customer Marketing MM.
- Responsible for direction, development and execution of strategic e-commerce and digital path to purchase plans with our most important customers. Works as business lead to provide direction to key cross-functional partners. Ensures alignment of strategy with volume and profit growth objectives.
- Develop 3-year and annual e-commerce and digital path to purchase plans and present to divisional and company leadership. Develop and report key performance indicators.
- Participates as subject matter expert (SME) in key account meetings across the entire foodservice space
- Directly supports e-commerce and digital efforts with strategic customers (i.e. Amazon business) and omni-channel customers with e-commerce capabilities (e.g. Sysco) and non-traditional as well as direct-to-operator routes to market (e.g. Blue Cart)
- BA in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in broad-based business to include solid understanding of Marketing and Sales
- Strong understanding of digital Path to Purchase – min 2 years direct experience
- Solid knowledge of the foodservice value chain (distributors, operators, etc.) with understanding on how the practices of marketing and sales intersect to drive sustainable growth
- Strategic thinking, communication, teamwork, project leadership, P&L understanding, syndicated databases, research, planning, consumer activation and communication, sales and category analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Salesforce.com experience required
- Solid working knowledge of the foodservice channel both customer and operator focus
- Strong understanding of eCommerce holistically; specific applicable knowledge for foodservice
- Knowledge of GS1 and marketing savvy to identify content gaps and enhancement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in developing and aligning on strategic goals
- Ability to develop vertically integrated marketing campaigns that drive sustainable business growth (sales & margin)
- Strong project and budget management skills