Strategic Partnerships is supporting Booking.com BV with executing its strategies related to Booking.coms third-party distribution, business development and partnership goals across diverse sectors. These duties include supporting Booking.com BV with establishing new partnerships and developing strategies to grow existing key partners in the United States market. This position will be based in New York City and report to the Area Manager of Strategic Partnerships, US East.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in e-commerce, travel industry knowledge, successful business development skills and demonstrated success in the management of distribution partnerships. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic and engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote Booking.com BVs brand name and its online reservation services to potential business partners;
- Manage the entirety of the business development cycle (sourcing, networking, and closing) large partnerships that align with the group's strategic objectives.
- Manage and maintain existing relationships with large distribution partners (affiliates).
- Build and maintain a professional network within the online (travel) industry;
- Monitor the success of each account and manage client relationships by advising on Booking.com BVs services;
- Support Booking.com BV in research, identification, and segmentation of business opportunities regarding strategic partners (websites/ mobile platforms) to increase the number of potential visitors and bookings on these platforms;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market;
- Proactively support the business and report to Area Manager Strategic Partnerships;
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years business development relevant work experience within North American e-commerce industry (travel industry strongly preferred). Financial services/banking/loyalty sector experience a plus.
- Requires versatility and adapting quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV;
- Business, marketing or other relevant bachelors degree; MBA or Masters degree preferred;
- Experience in cultural management and differences;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication, business and reporting skills;
- Travel up to 50%