Associate Activation Director Social At Essence Magazine| New York City
About the role
The Associate Director, Social Activation acts as the client’s day to day Paid Social expert and partner. This role is responsible for delivering best in class brand and DR paid social campaigns with many sub-campaigns and stakeholders - with a laser focus on advanced measurement and innovation. Success in this role involves providing strategic insight across a breadth of channels, collaborating on best practice and optimization strategies within the social channel specifically, and leading a team.
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Support the team Director Social Activation in capacity planning & resource management for the team
- Participate in the development and creation of Social best practices in NA coordinating with global EMEA / APAC team to ensure consistency across regions
- Develop strong relationships with key clients and suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders.
- Co-own partner relationships (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Snap, etc)
- Contributing to agency-wide continuous improvement projects regarding processes and quality standards
- Managing risks & opportunities for the channel across the team, including escalating necessary issues and brand safety
- Develop thought leadership pieces & case studies throughout the course of the year to galvanize role within wider industry as a paid social expert
- Gain a more strategic understanding of our clients’ business and KPIs, and keep up to date with latest Industry news and be proactive in spotting trends, product releases, and other opportunities which could enhance our activity
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress. Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
- Career development and coaching for Supervisors and Managers
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
- Strong and effective communication across all levels; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Gain a more strategic understanding of the client’s business and KPIs, and keep up to date with latest Industry news and be proactive in spotting trends, product releases, and other opportunities which could enhance our activity
A bit about yourself:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in a Digital Media or Advertising role
- Proven People Management Experience of a team size of 4+
- Approximately 6+ years experience in a digital media agency, minimum 5 year of paid social buying experience, minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Knowledge of:
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are particularly important in developing client relationships and maintaining efficient communication across the team
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and confidence in making information based decisions
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.