Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com in Ballston, is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing professional to drive global awareness and marketing of AWS’s cloud computing solutions to expand the diversity of business and technology leaders and developers, with a particular focus on underrepresented populations, including women. We are looking for a Marketing Manager with exceptional project management skills to lead content ideation and event programming for the AWS’ We Power Tech program.
In this role, you will manage the strategic content plan and event programming for externally focused AWS diversity and inclusion events, programs, and initiatives. To be successful this person will need to establish clear processes, have strong creative and writing abilities, drive appropriate prioritization, and be able to communicate effectively. We are looking for a person with a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a background in topics related to building diverse communities in the technology field. Must be able to generate and present best-in-class marketing content and collateral, create targeted messaging/marketing campaigns and building communities.
· 7+ years content and writing experience
· Experience in corporate communications, session development, and event programming
· Strong bias for action: ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by experience
· Strong editorial/content background and proofreading skills.
· Exceptional reading and writing skills; ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages.
· Move easily between generating big, creative ideas and driving ongoing process improvement.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence.
· Proven analytical and data decision-making capabilities.
· Proven ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Demonstrated high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects.
· Experience with MS Word, Power Point, Excel and SharePoint
Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
· Experience with an internet or technology company.
· Experience in the advertising industry or digital marketing.
· MBA or other related Master's degree.
· Experience in online advertising.