NY MAGAZINE SEEKS A WRITER
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
Great writers form the foundation of Grub Street, New York Magazine’s James Beard Award–winning food and restaurant vertical. We’re looking for a Staff Writer to create must-read stories that inform, entertain, and — most important — help our audience find the best things to eat in New York City and beyond.
- Develop ideas for, and independently produce, a wide range of stories including up-to-the-minute news, indispensable guides, and one-of-a-kind features.
- Collaborate with the other members of New York’s food team on ambitious editorial projects.
- Help manage editorial schedules and stick to short deadlines.
- Occasionally edit other writers, and assist Grub Street’s Editor.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep understanding of the hospitality industry and New York’s restaurant scene
- 3+ years experience writing/editing food-related stories (prior digital experience preferred)
- Strong passion for food and cooking
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.