Associate Producer, National Geographic-Washington D.C.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society’s commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society’s mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.
The Creative Marketing department develops, designs and produces, on-air promotional spots and other content, graphics packages, print and marketing materials for the channels and Partners.The Associate Producer will support the creative team in developing and producing innovative, relevant and brand-defining creative promos, content and campaigns.
- Helps senior producers and creative directors on larger projects and works closely with them as their needs dictate.
- Screens footage, searches for music, and oversees edits, voice-overs, sound mixes and deliveries to support the creative leads.
- Writes and produces promos as directed by creative lead.
- Works closely with creative director, executive producers/producers, writers, video editors, designers, strategy team, show production and project managers in the creative process.
- Participates in various creative brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for creative projects or marketing initiatives.
- Liaises with vendors, and supervises some post-production of vendor-produced promos/content.
- Attends all meetings relevant to current projects and serves as proxy for creative lead when necessary.
- Seeks necessary approvals of creative.
- Gathers materials for presentation reels.
- Gathers materials for awards seasons (spots, footage, write-ups, etc.).
- Provides some limited administrative support when needed.
* Screen footage, searche for music, and oversee edits, voice-overs, sound mixes and deliveries to support the creative leads.
* Production of premium, 360 marketing campaigns, on strategy, budget and deadline.
* Write and produce promos/content as needed.
* Consistent execution of spots that supports media strategy and ratings/frequency goals.
* Manage outside vendors and quality control over content deliverables.
* On-time delivery of promos consistent with the quality expected of brand.
* Handle ad hoc requests from creative team or other departments.
* In service to Channels or Partners initiatives.
* Bachelors degree
* 2 years experience in AV
* Editing/producing/writing experience for television/video/content
* Knowledge of editing and production techniques
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present and sell ideas.
* Extremely organized and detailed, with great time management skills.
* Ability to give and receive creative direction and feedback, and adapt quickly to changing goals.
* Ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks and work against intense deadlines.
* Ability to perform in a fast paced, high-pressure environment with the utmost integrity and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.