The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking a talented and collaborative Digital and Print Designer to join our in-house Creative Studio, interacting with other print and digital designers, creative directors, writers, user experience specialists, and producers. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Individually and independently ideate, design, and develop digital and print executions
- Collaborate with Creative Studio team on process, efficiencies and communication to best achieve successful work assignments
- Contribute current design and technology best practices and apply them to our projects
- Create design solutions for infographics, share graphics, website UX and front end design, brand logos, print and digital advertising, and interactive assignments across platforms
- Provide accurate time and hour estimates to Project Managers on new design projects and assignments
- Upgrade and improve work processes, design digital and print with team and be confident using your skill sets on a range of projects from website design, mobile design, and ecommerce design to brand development, digital and print campaigns, banner promotions, PowerPoint templates, emails, and landing pages
- Proactively meet budget estimates and schedule deadlines
- A BA/BFA degree in a related field and minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a creative (agency) environment
- A portfolio demonstrating successful digital and print campaigns
- Possess a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills and solid technical know-how. You should also be a problem-solver with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability to adapt and stay current with the changing landscape of technology
- Experience taking ownership of assignments from start to finish and engender confidence at all levels
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Solid background in the following disciplines:
- Digital (Web/Application) and print design, advertising and brand design
- Website creative development, UX/IA (User Experience/Information Architecture), interactive design, and content strategies
- Solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs. Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.). Motion graphics and animation experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite to ensure effective interaction with in-house account teams in the agency including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Front-end development skills:
- HTML/CSS – Working knowledge of CSS and HTML, with an understanding of the application of HTML5/CSS3 technologies in modern rendering technologies, including mobile browsers and technologies
- WordPress theming and/or other templating approaches – A working knowledge of front-end templates conceptually in any CMS or framework
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference “DIGITAL AND PRINT DESIGNER, CREATIVE STUDIO” in the subject line of your email. Submissions will be considered as they are received.
GPG is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.