Senior Digital Strategist
The Hatcher Group seeks a highly organized senior digital strategist to provide digital and social media planning, analysis and communications support to progressive nonprofits, foundations and government agencies focused on education, the environment, poverty, and social justice. The strategist develops paid and non-paid social media and content strategies, helping to achieve client goals through online and social channels. The strategist reviews client social and digital activities and performance, provides tactical support and creates reports analyzing campaign effectiveness. The strategist may also provide social media trainings and present at conferences. The ideal person is curious, creative, collegial and plugged into the world of digital tools and techniques. This position is full-time, on-site in Bethesda, Md. (three blocks from Bethesda Metro station).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- 5 years of experience in digital strategy and social media support
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Able to pick up new tools quickly
- Enjoys public speaking and teaching clients
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic social media plans to achieve client goals.
- Ability to use social media to increase brand awareness and drive traffic.
- Proficient in data analysis and metrics reporting.
- Understanding SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience with social media management, monitoring and reporting tools.
- Deep understanding of digital advertising tools, tactics and best practices.
- Experience in digital grassroots tactics and advocacy tools.
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices, strategies and software; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify target audiences and build content to meet them.
Extra credit skills (desired, not required):
- Social graphic design
- Video production or editing
- Proposal writing and business development.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com